Friday, April 11, 2008

Language Learnes

Somehow to learn a new language is not easy for everybody, some learners advance very quickly while others make slow progress. Thus, who is a good language learner ? It seems that some personality traits are beneficial to be a successful language learner.
Try to get a message across, even if specific language knowledge is lacking is the attitude of a good language learner. In fact, it is vital in order to progress as a language learner, since it will open a channel of communication. Actually, the main reason to learn a new language is create a new channel of communication. In my particular experience when I speak with people, although most of the time I don´t have all the vocabulary, I try to make myself understandable by using different resources. For example explaining the idea in different ways, using body language and so on . This can result very exhausting, but is better than just give up.
Willingness to make mistakes is also an important characteristic of a good language learner. Commit mistakes is part of the learning process. Throughout the examination of the mistakes learners become aware of their weak points, and this allows them to fix it and advance more rapidly. Personally, I don´t like to find myself in the failure, it makes me feel really stress out. However, take the risk is the only way to progress.
Many different characteristics can favoured language learning, but is difficult to determine what make a language learner successful. In the end, is important to remember that having a good disposition and be motivated to learn the new language is all that matters.

5 comments:

Truc Pham said...

Yeh, I agree your ideas!!!!

hehe, I like your blog. It is so impressing!!!!!

Truc Pham said...

Kaka , thank Danka, I love warmth of lantern light and sunflower.:)

Try to simplify and being calm down against failure because I think if you are too stressful and worried, you easily make another mistake! I 'm still trying to follow this advice, too!:D
Let 's enjoy your course! :)

Tiffany said...

yap...
i agree some of yours
enjoying your life

Emily said...

I really like your picture in your blog, they are very nice~~~~did you make it???

Alaa M said...

Hi Danka
yes, you introduced some important points in a language learning, it really admired me..
Alaa M